You know: in a foolish, undiscriminating way, I've been happy these last few months. I don't know why. I just am. I love my friends; I love my pupils; I love what I read; I -- dammit -- love my thoughts. I love the taste of oranges.
Thornton Wilder in a letter to Gertrude Stein, Aug 14, 1936

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

MANGA MANIA: THE KUROSAGI CORPSE DELIVERY SERVICE VOL 2 by Eiji Otsuka

Times are tough for the enterprising young people of the Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service. They haven't had a client in weeks and the local government has cancelled the annual sweep of the forest for the bodies of suicides and murder victims. The KCDS has been reduced to advertising as a general disposal service.

Fortunately, the first call comes from an area prison, where, due to some sloppy handling, the guards have left the corpse of a recently hanged murderer in with the daily garbage. The corpse, of course, has a story to tell.

Volume One of the series was episodic, but this time out you get a book-length adventure that involves the families of the protagonists, a very shady funeral home, a little girl who can bring the dead back to life, and some over-the-top gore. A good time will be had by all.


No comments:

Post a Comment