You know: in a foolish, undiscriminating way, I've been happy these last few months. I don't know why. I just am. I love my friends; I love my pupils; I love what I read; I -- dammit -- love my thoughts. I love the taste of oranges.
Thornton Wilder in a letter to Gertrude Stein, Aug 14, 1936

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: SHOPLIFTING FROM AMERICAN APPAREL by Tao Lin

Shoplifting from American ApparelShoplifting from American Apparel by Tao Lin
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

If this  paper-thin prose captures the zeitgeist of this particular crowd, fine.


There was one exchange that made me laugh.


"I want to change my novel to present tense," said Sam. "Is there some Microsoft Word thing to do that?"

"I don't think so. I think you have to do it manually."

"Manually," said Sam.





View all my reviews      






No comments:

Post a Comment