You know: in a foolish, undiscriminating way, I've been happy these last few months. I don't know why. I just am. I love my friends; I love my pupils; I love what I read; I -- dammit -- love my thoughts. I love the taste of oranges.
Thornton Wilder in a letter to Gertrude Stein, Aug 14, 1936

Thursday, October 13, 2011

MANGA MANIA: PARASYTE VOL 4 BY Hitoshi Iwaaki

Now the parasytes are working their way into public office. Their leader, a woman who was pregnant when she was taken over, has given birth. Her nanny is alarmed to see that she silences her child's cries by squeezing its head, and she carries it around in a bag like a loaf of bread. And there is one unexpected killing. A primary lesson of all Japanese horror manga seems to be: do not get too attached to any one character. Everyone's life is up for grabs.








No comments:

Post a Comment