You know: in a foolish, undiscriminating way, I've been happy these last few months. I don't know why. I just am. I love my friends; I love my pupils; I love what I read; I -- dammit -- love my thoughts. I love the taste of oranges.
Thornton Wilder in a letter to Gertrude Stein, Aug 14, 1936

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

MANGA MANIA: PARASYTE VOL 10 by Hitosi Iwaaki

It's deja vu all over again in Volume 10. 

Volume 9 ended with the death of Reiko Tamura, and we start here with several textless pages of Shin and policemen in the park, exchanging meaningful and enigmatic glances. Then its time for Shin to go back to high school, and for the police to enlist the aid of psycho-killer Urokami in detecting aliens.

There is an elaborate police sting at city hall that has already taken place many volumes back. (I get these from the library, so I don't have back issues handy for fact checking.) It could be with Tokyo Pop taking over publication of the series, they have established a different timeline. And Shin wows his track coach with his parasyte-assisted running abilities, something he has already done many volumes back.

I'm ready for this whole thing to be over.




Gee, he doesn't look dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment